Thursday, September 5, 2024

My New Hip

 My New Hip - A Loose Journal

Caution, some of these photos might be unpleasant to some people. Just saying...

I knew I would have to start this story at some point and that point is now. Today is October 27 and in four days I will be having a total hip replacement. It is chilling to write those words. I don’t know what I am so apprehensive, OK… pretty scared dammit. A total hip replacement has become routine surgery some times you go home that day! 

October 31 Operation





Nov 1 – Discharged

Nov 2 – Ugh difficulty sleeping

Nov 3 – PT Richard

Nov 4 – Difficulty sleeping, no appetite, depressed

Nov 5 – Alarm on Prevena 125 wound drain 2:00 AM 

Nov 6 – No change 

Nov 7 – PT Brittany

Reflection – 

Little to no appetite

Depressed

Sponge bath & shampoo

Nov 8 – Got initial bandages off and drain taken out

Nov 9 – PT visit Brittany

Nov 10 - 

Nov 11 - 

Nov 12 - Feeling shitty

Nov 13 - 

Nov 14 - PT Brittany

Nov 15 – Took second shower

Nov 16 – Got staples taken out  


Nov 20 – Feeling much better, a little better appetite, using the cane more. I think I turned the corner

Nov 21 – Three weeks Post Op. Had PT this morning w/Richard. Feeling a little better

Nov 22 – Didn’t sleep well last night. Hurt today, no appetite

Nov 28 – Shower, did my PT exercises used cane continue to walk around sun room 10 times. Feeling better day to day. 


Upcoming 

Dec 20 Dr Guy follow up


No comments:

Post a Comment